3 days in Hiumaa

Tead head ja huvitavat rada või sõidukohta. Jaga ka teistega.
Vasta
davidl77
Rattur

3 days in Hiumaa

Postitus Postitas davidl77 » 04. 07. 2010. 22:19

Hello everybody!

I am new in this forum, I come from Italy. Next week I will come there with me wife from Haapsalu, and we would like to visit Hiumaa and Vormsi by bike.
We don't care about Vormsi, beacusa it is a small island, e we think we can see everything in two days.

We worry a little bit about Hiumaa. We would like to spend there 3 days, but it is impossibile to see everything. What do you suggest? Waht are the best places to see (and the best bike street?)?
We would like to see the Saare Tirp, but we don't know if Tahkuna and Kopu are nice to see.

Thank you very much for any suggestion, and forgive me for my english...

...head aiga!!!!!!!

Kasutaja avatar
erikr
Admin

Re: 3 days in Hiumaa

Postitus Postitas erikr » 04. 07. 2010. 22:43

I do not know how much you and your wife would like to cover on a bike in a day.

Kassari area and Sääre Tirp are good choice. I've ridden to the very end of Sääre Tirp in 1997. There are also good places to swim.
Kõpu is quite distant from other places in Hiiumaa, the lighthouse and Ristna beach and surf camp are good ones to visit, but they are quite distant from any other place. Also, there has not been raining for a while and gravel roads are extremely dusty when the cars pass.
Tahkuna is also a good choice and not as distant as Kõpu. As you have three days only, you definitely need to make some choices.
If you're not reay to cover at least 70-80 km a day in hot weather and unexpected wind conditions, I recommend skipping Kõpu despite the nice nature and the lighthouse. Take your course easy and enjoy the ride.
mis väljakutse? kiirabil ja politseil on väljakutse, minul on töö...
velo.clubbers.ee velo clubbers

davidl77
Rattur

Postitus Postitas davidl77 » 04. 07. 2010. 23:49

Thank you very much for your help.
Now It is everything more clear.
About how many Kilometers me and my wife we can do, the anser is: we don't know :) The problem is that we do not have our own bikes (we come with plane, 2 years ago we came here with car!), we have to rent them an we don't know what kind of bike we will have.
We want to rent the bike in Haapsalu; the only problem is that they do not accept any reservation, and the problem is that they are the only one in Haapsalu that may rent us some bikes!!!
With poor bikes we made, in Estonia and in a day, Haapsalu-Rosta and back using poor bikes...I think is about 60 Km.

I apologize, but I expected to find on internet mpre maps or something else...it doesn't matter, I will buy it in Tallin.

We have a little bit decided our tour:
1St day: arrival on Heltermaa (about 16,00, we come from Vormsi...), we spend the night between Kardla and Korgessare. Depending on where we find the accomodation we may try to visit Takuma.

2nd day: visiting the Takuma island and going to Kassari. We spend again the night here

3rd day: we visit Saare Tirp and then come back to Haapsalu.

I have found several accomodation there (on hiumaa.ee), anyway do you have some suggestion? I love to stay in some 'maya' having some sauna (i am in love for the sauna and wodden house).

Thank you again for your precious help, bye,
DAvid.

Kasutaja avatar
Cly/Suva
Rattur

Postitus Postitas Cly/Suva » 04. 07. 2010. 23:53

There is also some road works near the Kõrgessaare, it was pretty horrible last week: http://www.mnt.ee/atp/failid/2010_objektid.png

Kõpu lighthouse is probably something to see, so I'd suggest to visit the other side of the island. The whole circle to the island is something like 120km, so it should be doable in three days anyway.

For maps:

http://maps.google.com/
http://kaart.otsing.delfi.ee/
http://kaart.postimees.ee/
Twitter | Remixta | Blog
"Soovitaks kasutada 0,5 l spordijooki, mannerguga piima kaasa tassimine kipub nats tülikas olema jah"

kaarelk
Rattur

Postitus Postitas kaarelk » 05. 07. 2010. 14:22

Roundtrip (including Kõpu and Kassari) is more like 200, not 120 km. Even bit more if you dont mind dusty gravel and want do stay next to coastline.

Vasta

Mine “Rajad ja ringid”