Baltycki kolarski wyscig przyjazni

Läti külavõistlusest TDF-ni
Vasta
Stephan
Rattur

Baltycki kolarski wyscig przyjazni

Postitus Postitas Stephan » 30. 06. 2009. 21:50

Can anyone give me some info on this race ?
The name is in Polish and means the Baltic cycle race of Friendship.
It started in 1966 , was held in June and was a 10-day stage race , Estonian riders participated as part of Soviet teams eg A Randmaa was 3rd on GC in 1966.
Any help appreciated.
ps I am still loking for any books about Riho Suun if there are any.

Thanks and greetings from Edinburgh

Kasutaja avatar
LauriA
Rattur

Re: Baltycki kolarski wyscig przyjazni

Postitus Postitas LauriA » 30. 06. 2009. 22:30

Maybe you can write directly to Riho Suun?
http://www.plaadipunkt.ee/?page=1004&se ... 4142&lang=

If you Google "Rahutuur" then you can also find something (although in Estonian language).
And if you are really tough guy 8) , then going to the Estonian National Library and reading all the releases of Spordileht (newspaper, was published 3 days per week) and magazines Kehakultuur (i am not actually sure if our library has those, but why not) is the ultimate challenge :idea:
Segasaun on siis, kui on puu- ja elektriküte.

Stephan
Rattur

Postitus Postitas Stephan » 30. 06. 2009. 23:38

LauriA kirjutas:Maybe you can write directly to Riho Suun?
http://www.plaadipunkt.ee/?page=1004&se ... 4142&lang=

If you Google "Rahutuur" then you can also find something (although in Estonian language).
And if you are really tough guy 8) , then going to the Estonian National Library and reading all the releases of Spordileht (newspaper, was published 3 days per week) and magazines Kehakultuur (i am not actually sure if our library has those, but why not) is the ultimate challenge :idea:
Ha ha ! Maybe I will write to Riho Suun , thanks for the link , I already have the Estonian Olympic Commitee book on Aavo Pikkuus , I am having some parts of it translated by Estonians in Edinburgh , especially the comments by Soviet coach Kapitonov and Pikkuus' non-selection for the Moscow Olympics of 1980.
The problem with finding info about these races eg Rahutuur and the other " political " races of the period is that no one is now interested in them.

Kasutaja avatar
erikr
Admin

Postitus Postitas erikr » 01. 07. 2009. 06:14

Good hint by LauriA. These newspapers and magazines could be best source in printing.
mis väljakutse? kiirabil ja politseil on väljakutse, minul on töö...
velo.clubbers.ee velo clubbers

Stephan
Rattur

Postitus Postitas Stephan » 29. 11. 2009. 23:23

Hallo again,

I have ordered this book from Apollo.ee : 120 Aastat Jalgrattasporti Eestis , I have a question about this book :

How many pages and foto's are devoted to Riho Suun ?

Thanks in advance

ps

I am also preparing an email in Estonian to send to Riho Suun , asking him a whole range of questions on his career etc, but especially about the 1981 Tour of Luxembourg , where he and the other members of the Sbornaya Komanda annihilated the pro peleton , including Hennie Kuiper , Sean Kelly , Eddy Planckaert and Johan De Muynck among others.

Vasta

Mine “Võistlused mujal”